Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Perspective

Perspective. There are so many ways to look at the same subject and that's one of the things I love about photography and looking at the subject through the viewfinder. You will often find me in odd places or positions trying to get an interesting perspective of a subject. I don't like to take the expected shot, I like to find a new way to capture the subject. It's a challenge for me. Below is a picture from the annual horse drive in Three Forks each April. Hundreds of horses are driven from their winter pasture to their summer pasture, and their route brings them right through downtown Three Forks. I've been to every one the past 6 years and I've taken photos every year. Last year I captured this one and it's my favorite because it's different. Instead of getting the normal shots I have in the past, I put on my telephoto lens and went for it!

If you like this photo it will be part of a silent auction on Friday night w/ a cowhide frame. The silent auction is part of a Benefit event for Michele Reiser at the Lewis and Clark hotel in Three Forks. www.facebook.com/supportmichele

No comments:

Post a Comment