Thursday, September 5, 2013

Finding Passion Within a Passion

This last year has been an incredible journey. It was one year ago this week that the opportunity presented itself and I took the reigns of my own destiny and dove headfirst into my photography business. I can't say it's been easy or hasn't had its ups and down.  There have been tears, frustration and moments of feeling like throwing in the towel. But it's brought more smiles, joy and feelings of accomplishment. I'm so incredibly thankful for the support of friends, family, the community and my clients!

If you follow my blog you will know that during this journey I discovered that one of my favorite subjects is Seniors.  This also reminded me that while in school one of my other favorite units was fashion photography.  I decided to dive into that a bit. So I teamed up with a friend who is a new stylist at a new salon in Bozeman, the Foxy Lady Salon. Danielle and Miranda did hair and make up for six models and I did what I do behind the camera!  I had an absolute blast and am really excited about the images we got from the shoot.

I really love how much creativity and out of the box ideas play into fashion photography. We didn't go too crazy for this shoot,  but I have some ideas in my head that I would like to execute soon. So someday soon be on the lookout for big hair, bird cages, smoky eyes, and maybe even a goat...random, weird, different...that's why I love Fashion Photography.

I have to thank my sister-in-law, Amanda Cram for being my assistant that night, holding the reflector, moving hair out of faces and fetching step stools for me. Thank you to Cindy Grooms, owner of the Foxy Lady for believing in my vision and letting me take over your salon! Thank you to Danielle and Miranda for working late that night and also believing in me! Thanks to the models for doing things that might have made you feel uncomfortable because as you can see, it was worth it! I will be calling on you for my future visions...do any of you have a goat?

And that's one thing I've loved about this past year, following my passion and finding even more passion within that passion!






No comments:

Post a Comment