Monday, September 30, 2013

Family - Ashley's Senior Portraits

A day before Ashley's shoot a friend of the hers offered the use of some old buildings on some private property and we were both pretty stoked. I had driven by them the night before but because they were on private property I behaved and did not trespass (this is not always the case for me ;)). When I pulled up to location on the day of the shoot, I may or may not have squealed in pure delight, did a little dance and kept say "OMG THIS IS AWESOME!"! I was in my own little photographer heaven. I love old buildings and random old things and then to be shooting as Senior as well? Heaven! Just a few minutes later Ashley and her mom and dad pulled up and Ashley was doing the same thing...this was definitely a good match!
I could have done the entire shoot at this location, in fact I had to tell her mom to keep me in line. I tend to get lost in my shooting and lose all track of time and we needed to get to our next location before we lost the light!
Once I forced myself to stop shooting at the old homestead, we headed to the river and Williams Bridge. We got there for the perfect Golden hour light! I loved that Ashley had some definite things she wanted to do, but was also very open to suggestions I had.  As I was lying down on the bridge getting some of my shots, her dad laughed and said she does the same thing. I'm hoping she'll tag along on some shoots with me so she can start learning more and someday follow her passion as well!


Every Senior shoot is different, some Seniors want their parents there, some don't. Ashley had both her mom and dad with her and she wanted to do some shots with them as well. Family is huge for Ashley  and that was very apparent thought out the evening.
Thanks Ashley, Melissa and Ron for allowing me into your lives and to capture Ashley's beautiful spirit!
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Trisha! The pictures turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot express in words my sincere THANK YOU Trisha! You were more than outstanding. You brought out the best in Ashley.. smiles, goofiness, laughing, free spirit, etc. As my first born I was definitely an emotional Mom for sure. OMG she's a senior...., she's gorgeous, too many thoughts for sure. I LOVE the pics you took that are forever priceless of my "baby" girl and I. Thanks again for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind words, thank you so much. I'm just so happy that I was able to capture all of Ashley for you! She's a beautiful girl and I really enjoyed getting to know her!

    ReplyDelete