Monday, September 30, 2013

A Girl and her Horse - KD's Senior Session

When I met KD for our pre-consultation she was pretty laid back about our upcoming session, she knew exactly what she wanted,  some shots in a field and in the river, all with Rita, her horse! I told her we had to do some with just her as well! The day of the shoot was once again beautiful and we were getting some amazing golden hour light. We started in the field where I played with the light and how it was coming through the trees, using it to get that hazy light and then changing my angle to get less haze and more direct light. There was an old shed that was perfect (remember I'm a sucker for any kind of an old building!). KD is so comfortable with her horse, its as if she completes her. Actually its like they  complete each other.  This image is one of my favorites from this session...and its not just KD's love for Rita, it's the emotion that just radiates off of Rita. It gives me the chills every time I look at it. I did add a quote to this blog version of it.

 The light was fading quickly so we had to hurry down to the river. KD spends a lot of time here with Rita so they cruised in gracefully, meanwhile  I was trying not to fall down the embankment or drop my camera into water :)! I think we got some fantastic shots and even managed a few of KD alone! My daughter Lily was my "assistant" that evening and she equally amazed me with her horse skills. When we did solo shots, Lily took over Rita...I think maybe I need to get her lessons...KD?


1 comment: