Thursday, June 13, 2013

Baby Bumps

Here's the deal, I only post 1 or 2 sneak peeks on my Facebook page from each session. My intention for the last month was to post more images from sessions here on my blog with a little "inside story" about the shoot. However, I've been swamped and the blog kept falling lower on the priority list. But...I am on it now!
One of the sessions I did last month was a maternity session for Malori. She's such a beautiful pregnant woman. Her due date is one day and one year after my due date was for Elle so I know how she is feeling about this time in the pregnancy!
I personally did not get my own maternity shots done for my first two pregnancies. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of being pregnant. I don't embrace my body, I don't feel fantastic and I'm always ready for it to be over! But with Elle, I decided that I wanted to capture my last pregnancy, I wanted to try and actually embrace my changing body this time. So I had my portraits done and I'm so glad I did. I remember looking at the images when I got them and thinking ugh, I hate my arms, ugh my face is wide. (I'm not one of those lucky ones that just gets a belly, I gain everywhere). But its funny because now every time I walk into Elle's room, I find myself looking at the pictures I have hung in there and I love them and I don't see the flaws, I see my belly and feel amazed that just a year ago she was in there and now I have an almost walking, almost 1 year old!
I didn't really mean this to turn into my story, but after my blog yesterday (if you didn't read it, scroll down and read it!) and what Malori posted on Facebook when she shared my link, I felt it tied in. So there's my story and here's what Mal wrote:
"Oooo Trisha Jones its a really good one! Everyone should read no matter who your favorite photographer is....pictures are the gateway to our memories! I didn't want to do my maternity pictures and found myself in tears the morning of wishing I had done them sooner, or that I had something else to wear etc etc but now I know I will look back when we are old and cherish one of the last last times it was will be just zach and I and use them to remember our love when their are times of difficulty ahead...."
And finally here are some of her session images!



No comments:

Post a Comment