Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Executing a Vision

For the last four years I have photographed the formal Prom pictures for Townsend. I do enjoy it, I love seeing all the dresses and helping put together the backdrops. But I've been craving some more creative prom pictures as well. I had an idea and approached Bonnie at Wildflower Designs here in Three Forks about doing a Prom photo shoot to  showcase her beautiful corsage and boutonniere designs!

I immediately knew the boys I wanted to use for the shoot. Whenever I saw Payden and Tyson  dressed for basketball game this season, I loved their style and knew I needed them with their bow ties! I put out a model call for the girls on Facebook.  I had several girls interested, and I hate having to say no to anyone, so I went with the first two who responded and I have to say I am really glad I did because Kaylee and Brittany rocked it!

The Sacajawea Hotel is just such the perfect backdrop and location for what I had in mind. I wanted the beautiful natural light in the upstairs hallways and I also took in my strobes to get some more dramatic light on the stairs in lobby. I also had a car in mind, but wasn't sure if it would work out. I said to my friend Diane "what are you doing at 3pm tomorrow, or more importantly what is your car doing?"  When we were taking just few images on the porch, Diane pulled up in her '76 Cadillac ElDorado. The boys said "we have to take pictures in that!" and the vision I had came to life!

It's hard to put into words that feeling when you know that you are executing that perfect vision in your head! I try not to have too many expectations for shoots, I do always have a couple shots that I want, but because of lighting and weather they don't always work out perfectly. You have to be flexible and creative at every shoot!

Here's some of my favorites for this shoot! Don't forget to order your flowers from Bonnie! And if you'd like to do a more creative/stylized shoot for your prom pictures. I am doing Prom Mini Sessions. I have limited spots so contact me soon to schedule!









No comments:

Post a Comment