Saturday, August 3, 2013

Talbert Family

I love when my worlds collide! A couple weeks ago my kids were attending the Baptist church Vacation Bible School in the evenings. On Wed night I took a run on my way to pick them up so I arrived sweaty and tired. One of the Volunteers approached me and turns out she is a runner as well and so we started chatting and probably 30 minutes later her kids had sent a friend looking for her and my husband texted me because the girls "have been home awhile".  It's funny how that happens.
 I told her I was a photographer and the next day I had a message from her asking if I had any openings that weekend, her husband was going to be in town. Luckily I had kept it open due to running a half marathon on Saturday!  Kristy and her family live in Alaska but she and her kids spend several weeks every summer here in Three Forks with her Grandma. So bright and early Sunday morning we headed to a couple of locations I've been wanting to try here in town. We had a blast and they are such a gorgeous family!
I'm pretty stoked about the locations we used as backdrops, I really like them. We had some fun at the school as well. I love when the kids ask to do something and it turns out to be one of my favorites and mom's as well. They wanted to hang from the monkey bars for a "just kids" picture. Mom and dad helped the girls up and I said, "wait, lets do one of the family first" and I love it. 
But, my favorite was this: first I asked them to do a jumping picture forgetting the Kristy had just had knee surgery...but she was game for a small jump! And Theodis was NOT about the jumping so they said "fine you don't have to".  And as I was editing images, I texted Kristy and said "I think Theodis knew what he was doing with the not jumping thing" I absolutely love this image! Thanks Talberts for letting me get to know your family and Kristy, I am looking forward to running with you next summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment