Thursday, October 29, 2015

Rachael's Senior Session

I had so much fun working with both Rachael and her mom, Susie! Their energy, enthusiasm and ideas made for a really fun and diverse total Senior experience! Susie has become quite the location scout for me now and  I love getting texts from her with ideas :) 

 Rachael is a Senior at Beaverhead County High School. I met with Susie at Wheat Montana a couple days before her shoot so we could discuss ideas and locations. Typically my seniors attend these pre consults as well, but Rachael was already golfing in a Tournament for her HS team!We looked over many pictures from Pinterest that both she and Rachael liked and we looked at several locations around Three Forks and towards Twin Bridges. We settled on Old Town road and Bridge in Three Forks and then we kept in touch over the the next two days because the smoke was THICK during this time. Luckily by Sunday it had lifted enough that we were able to go ahead with her shoot. The smoke made for some crazy, hazy and almost pink light in the evenings. Which I loved and was frustrated with at the same time! 

Susie and Rachael came with several ideas and props as well, we knew were were also going to hold a fall session so we narrowed down what we would use at each one! Since I've shared our first session on social media already, I want to share a collage of some of my favorites from our first session and then talk more about our more recent Fall Session.

This is one image that I really had fun playing with the incredibly hazy and pinkish light! 

Fast forward to October for Rachael's Fall Session, we scheduled it for a Sunday and decided the Friday before to head up to Pony where I had the aspens in mind for the majority of her pictures. Saturday night I barely slept, listening to the 20mph winds and checking the hourly weather way too often on my three weather apps! Susie and I kept in touch all day and I think we decided to reschedule twice, but we both were worried about the colors if we rescheduled so we finally said, lets do it! Since it was still windy when we got to Pony, I showed them the old school and we decided to do some there where we were more protected from the wind, before we moved up to the trees. Rachael has been playing the fiddle since she was a child so we wanted to incorporate that. I love that Susie thought to bring sheets of music as well! 
The wind did die down so we headed up the road to the Aspens! I love taking pictures of Aspens from the trunk looking up so I wanted to try getting that feel with Rachael in the frame as well. She and Susie were also inspired by a photo on Pinterest with 2016 formed with leaves so we do our version of that. About the only thing the wind interfered with was when we tried to get some leaf throwing shots, you can see they all blew off to the left of Rachael pretty quickly, but I loved her smile in this picture anyway!

Rachael's best friend, Kelcy, came along for the session and we had fun getting some best friend shots.  I think every Senior Session should have a best friend and a mom shot which we got as well! 





No comments:

Post a Comment